All you need to know about menus in Helix Ultimate.
Inside the Menu tab you will find the following tabs:
- Menu Builder - to manage menu structure and menu items content
- Mega Menu - basic style settings for MegaMenu display
- Menu Positions - to manage appearance and content of Mobile, Header, Toolbar Left/Right positions.
Menu items can be added, edited, sorted and deleted directly in the Menu Builder panel without leaving template options.
- Pen Icon - opens window edit options of chosen Menu Item.
- Basket Icon - allows you to delete chosen menu item.
- Cog Icon - extra settings for chosen menu item (Show Menu Title, Dropdown position, Icon, Custom Class, and Badge).
- Boxes Icon - access to extra settings and Mega Menu options if it would be enabled there. You can add and use badge, icon, and row and column-based menus, also drag and drop the modules to the menu positions from the modules list.
Menu Item Settings
The first thing you will want to do is select the Parent menu item you wish to edit then check the checkbox Mega Menu
Enable Mega menu
When you have done this, simply click the Add New Row button and its layout will load, ready for you to work with.
Grid column layout
Now you can choose the column structure (it's based on Bootstrap columns grid) - you can use a pre-defined grid columns layout or create your own (Custom).
Mega Menu Grid Column
Anytime you would be able to delete or redesign layout structure by using icons on the top right position.
You can also change the order of columns content - hover on the column name until you would see a two-direction arrow icon then you can move the column to the left or ride side, later save settings to see changes.
The Mega Menu style panel is where you can configure the mega menu styles used on the front end of the site. This does not affect the Menu style in Menu positions. Menus in Menu positions using their own style from Uikit :)
Dropdown Width: Width value is used to declare submenu width content area. By default is 200px. You can choose not only value itself but also different units for expressing width (px, em, rem, %).
Dropdown Animation - Mega Menu offers several transition options for your dropdown submenus:
- No Animation
- Fade In
- Fade In Up
- Fade In Down
- Rotate In
- Zoom In
Mega Menu Style
The Menu Positions panel is where you can configure and refine menus used on the front end of the site for Mobile or any menus that assigned to special position like Header, Toolbar Left or Toolbar Right.
You can publish menus on specific positions without having to create a Joomla module. There are four menu positions available.
This option enables you to add a Menu to Header position.
Header menu position
Choose between the Navbar or Subnav style for Menu. The Subnav divider and Subnav pill option will depend on the style where the Subnav is selected.
Header Menu Style
You can also publish a menu on the toolbar left or toolbar right position.