In this guide, we will briefly introduce you to what Helix Ultimate is, the main template features, technical requirements and development environments.
What's Helix Ultimate?
Helix Ultimate is an open source theming frameworkrn, flexible and highly customizable. It is free to download and use.
For Helix Ultimate based theme, the theme package file containing two main parts: The framework and the template itself. That means the Helix Ultimate framework will install automatically upon template installation.
The theme or template is what the look and feel of your site is based on. For websites using a Helix-powered theme, the theme take advantage of the foundation created by the framework.
- Can be used for Joomla 3.9, Joomla 3.10, and Joomla 4 (latest)
- Real preview mode for desktop, tablet, and mobile view
- Based on Bootstrap v5 and Uikit front-end Framework
- Google Fonts, OS Fonts and custom fonts support
- Font Awesome Free 5.15.2 (can be disabled)
- Uikit Icon (can be disabled)
- Drag-and-drop feature for both Layout and MegaMenu
- Menu Builder
- Layout Builder
- 18 Header Layouts with various sticky header navigations and Modal/Off-canvas menus.
- 03 Mobile Layouts with three navigation modes and breakpoint for mobiles.
- Mobile Menu styles and Multiple menu positions support
- Cookie notification to inform your visitors of cookies used by your website.
- Custom Social icons, Contact info, Search, etc..
- Custom Blog and article layouts (alignment, content width, dropcap, grid columns)
- Custom code can be added inside template options
- CSS & JS Optimization
- Translation & Multilingual ready
There are only a few template requirements for WarpTheme Joomla Template, and they will work with any modern and secure server environment. The recommended minimum requirements are:
- PHP 7.1.3+
- OpenSSL Libraries
- PHP file_get_contents() function.
The back-end administration requirements of Helix Ultimate in order of preference are as follows (with latest version of each browser):
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
Local development is the preferred method of working with any Helix Ultimate based template as it allows for the fastest development iterations due to flat out performance and convenience. The following is a list of suitable server setups that can be installed locally on your computer:
Joomla Template and Joomla Quickstart
The Joomla Quickstart package is a complete demo website. Its installation allows you to replicate the demo site to your server with all included extensions installed and the corresponding template demo content.
It's fully functional, the entire Joomla package (containing Joomla CMS, components, modules, chosen template), Helix Ultimate framework plugin with all the configurations, and data that we used on the demo site consists of the quick start package.
The Template package (~2 MB) is a Joomla standalone template. The template does not include any modules, components nor demo contents. You can use this package if you want to start from scratch.
Where to Get Help